- We fixed a security vulnerability in the web server. The existing
web server is vulnerable to a navigation attack if it is also
enabled to serve files statically; that is, any file readable by the
web server is accessible remotely.
- DrRacket's scrolling is faster.
- Incremental garbage-collection mode can eliminate long pauses in a
program. For example, incremental mode is useful for avoiding pauses
in games and animations.
Programs must specifically request incremental mode with
`(collect-garbage 'incremental)`, but libraries such as
`2htdp/universe` include the request as part of the library's
- The default package catalog is an HTTPS address instead of HTTP, and
package operations properly validate server certificates when using
- Documentation may define their own categories for the manual top-
level page by using strings, rather than only symbols that name
- The Racket cheat sheet is included in the main distribution.
- DrRacket is available in Bulgarian, thanks to Alexander Shopov.
- The contract Typed Racket generates for the `Any` type is more
permissive, allowing more typed/untyped programs to work without
- Redex supports binding specifications; describe which variables bind
in which expressions and your metafunctions and reduction relations
automatically become scope-sensitive. Thanks to Paul Stansifer for
- All `pict` functions accept `pict-convertible`s. This allows for
transparent interoperability between `pict` and libraries like
- The `raco profile` and `raco contract-profile` commands provide easy
access to profiling tools, without requiring program modifications.