* Racket CS may become the default Racket implementation in the next
release. With the improvements in this release, Racket CS provides all
of the functionality of Racket BC (the current default
implementation). If, between this release and the next, no bugs are
discovered in Racket CS that are more serious than those typically
discovered in Racket BC, then Racket CS will become the default for
the next release.
* Racket CS supports AArch32 and AArch64, including places and
futures. The implementation should be considered experimental in this
* Racket CS supports an "incremental" garbage-collection mode that can
eliminate long GC pauses for some applications, such as animations and
* Racket CS unboxes local floating-point arithmetic (like Racket BC).
* DrRacket's spell check features lower overhead and has fewer bugs.
* Web Server performance under high concurrency is [better by up to an
order of magnitude](https://github.com/racket/web-server/pull/94/).
The Web Server is also more resistant to clients attempting to use
* The math library includes the Kronecker product.
* Windows supports finer granularity for `sleep` when sleeping for short
periods of time, improving performance in animation.
* The new prop:struct-field-info property provides static information
about field names.
* Debugging context in Racket CS is limited to 64,000 frames
(approximately the same as Racket BC). This reduces the time taken to
handle out-of-memory failures.
* In `plot`, the legend font and the plot font can be controlled
independently, and error-bars have an `#:invert?` option.
* The plot and math libraries have new maintainers: Alex Harsányi for
plot and Pavel Pancheka and Jens Axel Søgaard for math.
The following people contributed to this release:
Alex Harsányi, Alex Knauth, Alexander Shopov, Alexis King, Andrew Kent,
Andrew Mauer-Oats, Atharva Raykar, Ben Greenman, Benjamin Yeung, Bert De
Ketelaere, Bogdan Popa, David Christiansen, David Florness, Diego
Crespo, Dionna Amalie Glaze, Fred Fu, Gary Baumgartner, Georges Dupéron,
Gustavo Massaccesi, Jack Firth, Jay McCarthy, Jens Axel Søgaard, Jesse
Alama, John Clements, Laurent Orseau, Leif Andersen, Luka Hadži-Đokić,
Marc, Matthew Butterick, Matthew Flatt, Matthew Parris, Matthew Turland,
Matthias Felleisen, Michael Ballantyne, Mike Sperber, Noah W M, Paulo
Matos, Pavel Panchekha, Philip McGrath, Raphael Das Gupta, Reuben
Thomas, Ricardo Herdt, Robby Findler, Ryan Culpepper, Sam
Tobin-Hochstadt, Sancho McCann, Sorawee Porncharoenwase, Spencer
Florence, Stephen De Gabrielle, Syntacticlosure, Tim Brown, Yury Bulka,
frogbird, kryptine, rsiddharth