Racket version 8.2 is now available from
* Racket CS improved the performance of large-integer arithmetic.
* Racket has improved support for layered and tethered installation.
* Racket CS supports nonatomic allocation via ffi/unsafe.
* Cross-compilation works fully with the `raco cross` tool, which is
distributed separately as the "raco-cross" package.
* DrRacket has performance improvements when editing files with
picts containing large bitmaps.
* Typed Racket more consistently refines field types of non-polymorphic
* Printing of values is unified across the teaching language
implementations and the stepper.
The following people contributed to this release:
Alex Harsányi, Alex Knauth, Amirouche, Andrew Mauer-Oats, Bob Burger,
Bogdan Popa, Cameron Moy, Crystal Jacobs, Dale Vaillancourt, Diego
A. Mundo, Fred Fu, Greg Hendershott, Gustavo Massaccesi, Jack Firth,
Jamie Taylor, Jarhmander, Jason Hemann, Jay McCarthy, Jeffrey D. Swan,
Jens Axel Søgaard, Jesse Alama, John Clements, Laurent Orseau,
Lazerbeak12345, Matthew Flatt, Matthias Felleisen, Mike Sperber, Nada
Amin, Noah Ma, Oscar Waddell, Paulo Matos, Pavel Panchekha, Philip
McGrath, Ray Racine, Robby Findler, Ryan Culpepper, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt,
Shu-Hung You, Sorawee Porncharoenwase, Stephen Chang, Thorsten Blum,
Tony Garnock-Jones, WarGrey Gyoudmon Ju, William J. Bowman, Yu Fang,